I came up with some steps to help you get started:
- Visualize the outcome that would make you happy (including friends, family, significant relationship, career, hobby). Imagine the most ideal state that you would be in, if you could do anything you want.
- Figure out how to get to that state. Every time you want to get somewhere, they will always be a sacrifice, whether it’s time, career opportunity cost, relationships or others. The time it’ll take to get to where you want to be may actually be a lot shorter than you expect. It may be a worthy goal after all.
- Identify the problems stopping you from getting there, and start working to solve them.
I think these are the things you should focus on to live a happy life:
- Excel at your job
- Plan your finances, side income & investments
- Date & maintain relationships
- Hit the gym at least 3 times a week to stay healthy
- Discover hobbies & fun activities including traveling